Joe the Plumber - Meet Velma the C.F.O.

Velma Hart
From Townhall by Morris and McGann - The MSNBC cameras unwittingly -- and probably unwillingly -- captured a Joe the Plumber moment during Monday's town hall meeting called by President Obama to discuss the economy. Expressing the frustration of tens of millions of Americans on a day during which the economists called the recession over, Velma Hart, a self-described CFO, wife, mother and veteran, expressed her "deep disappointment" with Obama's economic record to his face. "I've been told that I voted for a man who said he's going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people, and I'm waiting sir. ... I'm waiting, but I don't feel it yet." Calling herself "exhausted" by the rigors of the task of defending Obama and his administration, she lamented that she and her husband had thought that the "franks and beans" era in their lives had drawn to a close but said that she hears it "knocking" at the door to return. She concluded with a heart-rending question to President Obama, asking if anxiety is to be her "new reality." Wow. Read more here:
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment