Democrats Start Clearing Out OFA Deadwood

From redstate.com -Well, that didn’t take long.  I mean, when I wrote this post indicating that Tim Kaine’s retention as DNC chair meant that the Democratic leadership had decided to concentrate solely on the President’s re-election*, I did not expect that I would receive some sort of confirmation of this within minutes.  But, thanks to Doug Heye I see this report that the DNC is laying off… selected… Organizing for America staffers.  Which ones?  Well, Roll didn't give specifics but it’s fairly clear that the firings reflect the final abandonment of Howard Dean’s Fifty-State Strategy: they’re removing field staffers, which means that the leadership is writing off entire states.  Smart move for a Presidential campaign that’s starting kinda-sorta on the rocks; dumb move for a political party that wants to avoid regional status. More here
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment