Governor Martinez Issues a "Statement" on Senate Race

SANTA FE – Governor Susana Martinez issued the following statement today on New Mexico’s United States Senate race: “I wish all of the candidates for the U.S. Senate well and do not intend to make an endorsement in the Republican primary at this time. “It is Lt. Governor Sanchez's decision to pursue what he believes is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to run for the Senate. However, it is my responsibility to keep my word to the people of New Mexico by pursuing the reform agenda I promised and delivering the results they deserve. To prevent this race from becoming a distraction, Lt. Governor Sanchez will not be given responsibilities in my administration beyond the select few provided for in the state Constitution. “I promised New Mexicans that I would work hard every day to turn our state around and that work will remain my focus.”

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment