Up in smoke: Gary Johnson loses Willie Nelson endorsement

From Capitol Report New Mexico - One day after the former New Mexico governor touted the country singer’s endorsement of Johnson in the 2012 presidential race, Nelson posted Wednesday (May 18) that he’s changed his mind. Nelson e-mailed the National TeaPot Party, which the singer is a co-founder of, writing: “My bad. Sorry. I still think he is a good guy but so Is Dennis [Kucinich] and if he decided to run I would personally vote for him. If it came down to either him or Gary I’m already commited to Dennis.” Kucinich received Nelson’s support in the race for the Democratic nomination for President in 2008. When one of the National TeaPot Party organizers pointed out that the Johnson endorsement was only for the Republican ’12 nomination, Nelson still wouldn’t change his tune, saying, “This will blow over and the world moves on. No harm done. We sound like a bunch of pot smokers, that’s all… The more I get into politics the more I realize that I am a guitar player.” You can read the entire recantation account here on the National TeaPot Party blog page. Read more
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willie, who? Are we now suppose to consider the political advice of burned out drug addicts? Crushing blow to Johnson though.

Post a Comment