Bill English: Unelectable? That’s up to the people to decide

From NM Politics.net - By Bill English - As you know, I am running for the U.S. Senate here in New Mexico. While it may seem that this is not the case, since my name recognition is on a level with a pet rock named Seymour, it’s true that I am running. Not too long ago I had the honor to be invited to the Santa Fe Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner, where I had the opportunity to meet Heather Wilson, among other pundits of the party. Politics aside, she seemed like a very nice person. During the event I had the occasion to be interviewed by Capitol Report New Mexico. During the interview, which can be seen on my website by clicking here, I was asked if “it was fair to say that I was the farthest to the right of all of the candidates.” I answered that I thought it was fairer to say that I was an American. I was also asked what I would say to those who “thought that some of my ideas were good, but that I was unelectable.” As for being unelectable – maybe, maybe not. But in the end it’s going to be up to the people of New Mexico to decide that. Read more
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment