Governor's Great Grandparents Were Illegal Immigrants

From KOAT-TV.com - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and the protestors against her fight to ban driver's licenses for illegal immigrants have more in common than they might think. The bill to ban foreign nationals and illegal immigrants from getting driver's licenses have created a controversy in the state, sparking rallies, vigils and heated debates, but the governor remains firm in her stance. "I've lived and worked on the border for a long time. I will fight to repeal that law," Martinez said. Martinez said she has something in common with the protesters because her own ancestors came to the country illegally, but it will not affect her position. "I know my great grandparents on my mother's side came from Mexico, (but) my stance doesn't change. This is not an immigration issue. This is a public safety issue," Martinez said. "Clearly, there is a political agenda here. Read more

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment