Tony Vagneur Saddle Sore Series: Youthful gusto

From the Aspen Times - A few days ago, there was mention in the national news about a 9-year-old girl caught driving her mother's car, with the mother in the car. It made me wonder how badly I would have been chastised by the politically correct of the world for letting my 5-year-old daughter drive my truck while I fed the horses. With the pickup in its lowest four-wheel drive gear, she'd stand on the seat and steer whichever direction I pointed. By the time she was 10, she could put a five-speed manual transmission through its paces, up or down, with flawless precision. She could also take a 16-hand horse over a 3-foot jump without blinking.So it was no big deal the other day when, just before we began the monstrous job of separating 750 bovine animals into pre-arranged groups, the big boss looked at me with a bit of a grin and said, “Do you think you and Josie can keep the cutting alleyway in the corrals loaded with cattle?” Read column
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment