McKinnon jumps out of, then back into, CD2 race

Frank McKinnon
From NMPolitics.net - After failing to win a spot on the ballot at the Democratic Party’s preprimary nominating convention on Saturday, Frank McKinnon said he was dropping out of the race, but he’s changed his mind.The in-then-out-then-back-in shifting came in a series of Facebook posts. First this post from Sunday, after McKinnon won the support of 12 percent of delegates, falling short of the 20 percent needed: McKinnon jumped back in the race on Monday:“Because I am not a quitter, and never have been. I have decided not quit the race. I will leave it up to the Democratic Party to determine whether or not my campaign will be one of the choices on the ballot in the Primary Election. If I receive enough signatures on copies of this Nomination Petition in the mail by March 19 for me to drive to Santa Fe to file them with the Office of the Secretary of State on March 20, I will continue this campaign. It is up to the Democratic Party.” Read more

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment