Man who registered dog to vote married to Wilson staffer

From NMPolitics.net - It turns out the man who appeared on TV Wednesday – without identifying himself – to say he’d registered his dog to vote is the husband of a staffer on Republican Heather Wilson’s U.S. Senate campaign. The problem for the man, the TV station that granted him anonymity, and Wilson’s campaign? Registering your dog to vote is a felony, and the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department is now looking into the situation. Thomas Tolbert, the husband of Wilson staffer Heather Wade, sent this statement to NMPolitics.net: “I made a mistake and I want to apologize to Bernalillo County Clerk, Maggie Toulouse Oliver, my wife, who was not aware of my actions, and the public. I will take full responsibility for my actions.” Read more

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment