Heath: Dianna Duran is Failing Open Gov't Test

Heath Haussamen
NMPolitics - Last month Dianna Duran claimed to have evidence of foreign nationals illegally voting in elections, but she won’t share that evidence with the public. I’ve identified several potential public records act violations stemming from her dealings with me. When Secretary of State Dianna Duran claimed last month that her office had evidence of 37 foreign nationals illegally voting in elections, I expected documents to be forthcoming.

Dianna Duran

Instead, I’ve spent a month going back and forth with the Secretary of State’s Office about my requests for records, and I have almost nothing to show for it except a handful of denials. Duran, in my view, has pushed the limits of what can be kept secret under the state’s Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) and is on very shaky ground. In other words, I’ve identified several potential IPRA violations stemming from her office’s dealings with me. Read full story here: News New Mexico

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment