Why I Don’t Celebrate July 4

Sent to me by friend whose hair was on fire from this posting. Yep, it set what little is left of my hair on fire, too. Yet, I will fight for this person's ability to have free speech since when one person's speech is silenced, all free speech is harmed.

From The Progressive - By Matthew Rothschild - It’s July 4th, my least favorite holiday. And I’m not referring to the bugs, or the crowds, or the traffic on the highways. I’m talking about the mindless patriotic bubble bath we’re all supposed to soak in all weekend long. Well, not me. My heart does not beat faster at the strains of the Star Spangled Banner, much less at the sight of F-16s flying overhead to kick off the show. You see, I don’t believe in patriotism. Read more if you can stand it

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment