Reflections on the Passing of Mark Haines

Mark Haines
One of the people I had coffee with for a very long time passed away yesterday. Mark Haines was CNBC's anchor of the financial show Squawk Box. Yesterday as we were doing the Wednesday edition of News New Mexico on the radio the television monitors in our studio started to flash the news of his death. It knocked me for a loop. I never met Mark Haines. But I felt like I knew him well after starting my day watching and listening to him deliver the financial news for nearly twenty years. Like everyone else, I remember where I was on 9-11. On that fateful day I was sitting on the edge of the bed at home, spellbound as Mark Haines provided the words to go with the incredible visual images of the Twin Towers. Haines exited this world yesterday. His life included a loving family and a job well done. May he rest in peace.

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment