PRC Commissioner Jerome Block Jr. thinking about resigning

From Capitol Report New Mexico.com - In an interview with the Santa Fe Reporter, beleaguered Public Regulation Commissioner Jerome Block Jr. is considering stepping down from his job: “I’m looking forward to being whole again,” Block says, “and if it takes a resignation from me to get some piece of mind, then that might be something I need to look into the next few weeks.” Block denies the allegations and says the state House impeachment process, for which $1 million has been set aside for, is an unfair burden to state taxpayers. When asked how long he thinks the impeachment process will take, Block says he hopes not too long. “I do feel for the taxpayers who have to foot that bill,” he says. “That will weigh in my decision whether I stay or not.” Block adds he would have stepped down immediately if he were charged or indicted. You can click here to read the entire article. On Thursday morning (Sept. 22), the House subcommittee assigned to determine if the numerous scrapes Block Jr. has had in recent months justify an impeachment proceeding met for the second time. Read more
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment