Jacobs: Occupy the journey

From NM Politics.net - By - Within hours of Occupy Wall Street’s explosion onto Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Livestream, I booked a flight for New York, keeping the promise I made to myself. What was that promise? As the Arab Spring unfolded in early 2011, followed by the uprisings in Europe, I knew in my soul that it was only a matter of time before discontent swept the globe. The consciousness of humanity was shifting before my eyes, so I vowed that when it hit our shores, I would be in the thick of it. The inner journey has been central to my life for 25 years, which has included a rich, open spiritual inquiry. Caught in the wave of arrests during OWS’s first big march through the crowded streets of Manhattan, I realized, sitting in a paddy wagon with a dozen strangers, that my entire inner journey had brought me to this particular moment in time, where my “boots on the ground” would be required to effect change alongside millions of others. Read more
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only journey these deadheads are destined for will take place in the back of a paddy wagon. They're an absolute disgrace.

Post a Comment