Hair stylist refuses to cut Gov. Martinez' hair

From KOB-TV.com - Governor Susana Martinez has lost a hair stylist thanks to her position against gay marriage. Antonio Darden, a popular stylist who runs Antonio's Hair Studio in Santa Fe, said he cut Martinez' hair three times, but that's it - unless she changes her mind about gay marriage. "The governor's aides called not too long ago, wanting another appointment to come in," Darden said. "Because of her stances and her views on this I told her aides no. They called the next day, asking if I'd changed my mind about taking the governor in and I said no again." The governor has said she believes marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that does not cut it with Darden. "I think it's just equality, dignity for everyone," the popular hair stylist said. "I think everybody should be allowed the right to be together. My partner and I have been together for 15 years." Darden said gay couples do not have the same rights that married couples have, and he is determined to fight that, even if it means losing an important customer. Ironically, the governor has been taking heat from the religious right and from one prominent big-church fundamentalist preacher in particular, for appointing an openly gay man to a position on the state Public Regulation Commission. Read story
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment