Swickard: The need to please lost on two pharmacies

Commentary by Michael Swickard, Ph.D. - Many Americans wonder how our healthcare will change with ObamaCare. Yes, it is generally assumed that somehow someone will kill that bad-boy of an idea. What if it does not get killed? What if our country finds only government workers to talk to when our head hurts? Oh, my. At the coffee shop there is consensus it will be a disaster for those who do not enjoy being under the thumb of government. When I deal with the government it is always on the terms of the government. I have yet to find a government agency that cares what I think. I do what they tell me, or else. When governments run something it ceases to be user friendly. Government entities seem to view citizens as “giving units” who must interface with the government. Occasionally they say, “We serve the public” but with fingers crossed. Private companies can also be user-unfriendly as I will document. It is different with for profit insurance companies and pharmacies, I suspect it will get worse when people cannot change pharmacies upon being angered. Examples of moving that direction are two scuffles I had at two different pharmacies this last week. Both times I walked out shaking my head, wondering what it is about handling drugs makes some people so stupid. I have written on this topic a couple of times and am still amazed at how badly things are going now before the government gets its hands on the heartbeat of health. Read column

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment