Hot dog vendor faces felony charges for attacking rival

From KOB-TV.com - By: Stuart Dyson, KOB Eyewitness News 4 - There is a wiener war steaming up between rival hot dog vendors in downtown Albuquerque, and it boiled over into violence Monday. The front lines are the sidewalks in front of Metro Court. The business is hot dogs. The trade is highly competitive. Police said Eric Kilmer rammed his hot dog cart into a rival vendor and ran over his legs and feet. Kilmer is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon - a felony. He was not at work Wednesday morning, but one of his employees stuck up for him. "See, I respect him, dude, I respect him a lot and I don't care what anyone says, dude, that's how I feel, dude," the employee said, adding that what happened was really an accident that got blown out of proportion. "Like you know I'm a family man, dude, you know, I got a little girl and I'm trying to make my money, dude, and it's just an accident that came out of proportion, dude. That's all I'm gonna say." Vincent Montoya, the victim in the case, didn't  Other vendors said they are mortified about the attack, and worried about the impact on their businesses. Read more
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment