10 Year Old Vandal Punished in Public

KOAT - An Albuquerque mother took her parental punishment public after she said her daughter vandalized her school, causing hundreds of dollars in damage.
Tony Armijo and her 10-year-old daughter, Bonnie, sat on the corner of the busy intersection of Central Avenue and Wyoming Boulevard on Friday afternoon holding a sign that read, "I vandalized my school."
The fifth-grader said it has taught her a lesson she will never forget after getting caught throwing rocks at her school and breaking several windows.
"I did it because my friend did it, and I knew it was a bad choice," Bonnie Armijo said. She said that even though the public punishment is embarrassing, she thinks her mom is doing the right thing by having her hold the sign at a busy intersection.
"I know that she loves me and (is) trying to teach me a lesson so I don't go to jail," Bonnie Armijo said.
Tony Armijo said she just wants to make a lasting impression. "It's hard, because I don't know if I am doing the right thing," she said. "I am trying to help her understand the ripple effect." She came up with the unconventional punishment after hearing about a mother who made her drug-dealing son wear a similar sign. Read full story here: News New Mexico
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment