Roswell police warn of brazen break-ins

From KOB-TV.com - The Roswell Police Department said they’ve seen a spike in home break-ins over the past few weeks. In part, it’s due to the normal holiday surge of burglaries, but in several cases, the invasions are happening while people are home.

One woman didn’t want to be identified, but wanted to share her story with KOB Eyewitness News 4 so others would be more careful. She left her back door unlocked and heard her dogs barking so she went outside to look. She saw a man outside, closed the door but didn’t have a chance to lock it, and the man came right through. She pressed the panic button on her alarm system, but the man hit her.
“I turned around and he just nailed me right in the face, and the last thing I remember before passing out was my German Shepherd attacking him,” she said. “I woke up with my husband holding me calling my name, and RPD officers all over my house.”
She provided some descriptors of the man, but there are currently no suspects in mind.
In other cases, police have been able to apprehend burglars immediately. On November 18, 34-year-old Michael Samario and 23-year-old Richard Thyberg pounded on a family of four’s door until a man opened it, then beat the man and tried to steal some cash. Police arrived while the beating occurred and were able to apprehend and arrest both men. Read more
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment