Senator Bingaman gives farewell speech

Senator Jeff Bingaman's farewell speech - 12/13/12



Excerpt of the speech:


  “I consider it an honor and a privilege to have represented the people of New Mexico in the Senate for the last 30 years.  I thank the people of my state for their confidence in electing me and supporting me during the time I have served here.  I thank the very capable and committed men and women who have worked on my staff both in Washington and in New Mexico during these 30 years.
 
        “And I thank all my colleagues here in the Senate for their friendship and help to me during this period.
 
        “Of course I thank my wife, Anne and our son John and his wife Marlene for their support that allowed me to serve in the Senate.
 
        “To all my friends and colleagues who will be here in the next Congress and in future Congresses, I hope you can find the common ground necessary for our country to effectively move forward and meet its challenges. The endeavor is a worthy one and I wish you every success.”
 

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment