South Valley woman mistakenly detained by deputies

NewsNM Swickard: This woman was overwhelmed with the show of force by the police who were pointing their guns at her. Shuckins, wrong woman. Still they got her on resisting arrest because of how freaked out they made her. Just another person that the "shock and awe" police approach harmed. I predict all charges will be dismissed. Hopefully, they will also say they are sorry, but do not hold your breath. From KOB-TV.com - Rosa Long said the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office confused her for a murder suspect. Long was on her way to work when deputies began chasing her. “Everybody was pointing their guns at me,” long said. “I said please God, please don’t kill me, I didn’t do anything wrong.” Minutes after a murder in the South Valley, deputies got information that the suspect may be in a light colored Ford Mustang. When Long drove by in her yellow Ford Mustang, deputies said they wanted to check out who was inside. “I felt like I was a criminal,” she said. “They made me feel terrible.” Deputies began the chase at the intersection of Rio Bravo Boulevard and Broadway Avenue until spike strips stopped Long at Alameda and I-25. Deputies detained Long for a period of time before releasing her. “It was a lot of commotion and had she stopped when police tried to pull her over, all of this could have been avoided,” said Jennifer Vega-Brown, Bernalillo County Sheriff’s spokesperson. KOB Eyewitness News 4 asked Long why she didn’t stop for deputies. “I was in shock,” answered Long. “I was nervous. I was scared.”While Long was cleared from any involvement in the murder, BCSO did cite her a misdemeanor charge for resisting and evading police.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment