Truthers, Birthers, and Newters

Jackie Gingrich Cushman
Newsnm note - (Spence) We ran across this column and after reading it felt it was important to post it. Like so many others we had been mis-informed in a vague sort of way about some of the personal aspects of the life of Newt Gingrich. We thought we would share it here. It comes from Gingrich's daughter Jackie. It would seem in addition to the terms "Birthers" and "Truthers" we can add the term "Newters."
Newt Gingrich
Townhall - My father, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, has been in politics as long as I can remember. And as long as I can remember, media coverage about him has contained misstatements of facts. The vast majority are simple mistakes that are easily corrected, understood and rewoven into an ongoing storyline. But one of them seems to have taken on a life of its own, and simple corrections have not sufficed to set the record straight. Why does this happen? I can't be sure, but I suspect that the narrative created by these untruths proves to be so much more compelling and more dramatic than what actually happened that it proves irresistible. I'm talking about the story of my father's visit to my mother while she was in the hospital in 1980. Read full column here: News New Mexico

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My father, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, has been in politics as long as I can remember. And as long as I can remember"

This quote is EXACTLY why NO ONE SHOULD VOTE FOR Gingrich. We do not need professional politicians. We need citizen representatives. In and back out. Not living off the backs of the people. Professional politicians bring one thing to government, corruption.

Post a Comment